Have you ever clicked on a business’ website just to click out of it seconds later due to missing information? Or what about choosing not to buy from a business because of the quality of their website? You are not alone in doing this, but you also don’t want your website to be the one people are backing out of.
Your website is a powerful tool. It is essentially like a virtual storefront for your business. And like a storefront, you want your website to pack a punch and encourage people to peruse past the entrance to the information they would’ve had to get from you in person once upon a time. This is where a great, user-friendly website design and relevant, quality content are essential.
A website creates trust and credibility, but it also establishes relevance and enhances the professionalism of your business in this modern world. Like for many businesses nowadays, a website may be essential to the way you do business, or it may even be the only way, therefore it is important to make it as powerful as possible to grab the attention of a whole new digital audience.
Here are 7 must-haves to make your business website great in 2022:
- A well-thought-out customer journey: When building a website you need to keep how you want your visitors to navigate your website top of mind. The whole point of the website is to make sure that your visitors can access the information they are seeking, and the information you want them to see, as efficiently as possible.
While the pages and information that you include on the website are important, you need to think about creating an easily-navigated site map and the goals and placement of your calls to action that will best guide your visitors to the point of conversion, whatever that may be for your business.
- An interesting and truthful ‘About’ page: People don’t trust a business, they trust people. Make sure that you are transparent about the story of your business and the face behind the brand because this is what will make your potential customers trust in the business, and will build authority for the brand.
Your about page will be one of the most frequently visited on your website, so make this touchpoint count! In addition to a bio and story about the business, including facts about you or the brand that people can relate to, and even quotes, will create a sense of familiarity among your audience.
- Fresh, quality content: In this modern world, your website is often the first impression your business makes on a potential customer, therefore it is important to have relevant and helpful content. You want to provide the information these people come to your website seeking, otherwise, you are giving them a reason to simply back out. Don’t just write and include things on your website just for the sake of it, without a clear purpose, or your audience will tune out to the value of your page.
- Powerful visuals: You want your audience to be captivated by your website as quickly as possible. Visual information is processed a lot quicker than written information and therefore could be the deciding factor in those first few seconds if someone is going to stay or leave your website.
High-quality images are a must for your website! To avoid creating confusion with your imagery make sure that your images are consistent with your brand and the tone of your website, and relevant to the content to help drive your message home.
- A mobile-friendly experience: Did you know that approximately half of all web traffic worldwide is generated from mobile devices? So what does this mean for your website? When designing your website, you need to make sure that it is not only accessible from mobile devices but also responsive to them. If your visitors can’t easily find, read, or access your content, you risk causing frustration and a click on the cross out of your website.
- Customer testimonials: Honest feedback from others can help to make your product appear more tangible to a digital audience, help potential customers build trust in you, and help them identify if your product is worth the time and going to meet their needs.
- Social media connections: Having a strong social media presence will contribute to your brand image, maintain your brand’s relevance, and open up a direct channel of communication with your customers. Having links to probably your most updated online platforms, social media, on your website is a great way for your customers to learn more about you and stay up-to-date with your business.
Does your website have all 7? If not, 2022 may be the year for a website refresh.
Get in touch with us today to talk about your web development needs. Book a discovery call HERE