I just want to start by saying that email marketing is NOT dead!
Ok sure, when you consider your own experience on the receiving end, when you sift through, archive and even mark spam sometimes, it can feel like a waste of time. But think of it this way… we all have those few that we are excited to receive and browse. Those emails are never lost or left unopened in our inboxes, and that is the email you want your campaign to be for your audience.
With 3.8 billion users worldwide, if you are looking to reach and build an authentic connection with your customers, email is the perfect place. Yes, there are newer, shinier communication methods such as social media, however, with such a strong user base, email still reigns supreme in terms of usage. It is an effective way to build an audience and create a connection with the people that are keeping your business running, your customers.
Now keep in mind that it is one thing to send out an email campaign, but it is a whole other thing to send an email that is actually engaging, timely, targeted, and integrated with your marketing message.
Having a strong strategy for your email marketing is about more than maintaining a line of contact with your customers, it also gives you the ability to tell the story of your brand and connect with your customers in a personalised manner, helping you to become that welcomed presence in your customers’ inbox.
Utilising email is important for your business to help build upon existing relationships with your customers and subscribers by providing them with relevant, valuable information that will help them take the next step on their buyer journey.
That’s right, email marketing isn’t just about your business. It is about speaking to your audience’s interests.
There are many reasons why email marketing should be an essential part of your marketing strategy, including:
- Provides direct access to your customers: Email allows you to communicate directly with your customers and subscribers on their schedule. Many people check their emails daily, so it is important to get your message into their inbox for when they are ready to have a read.
- Boosts brand awareness: Gets your message to your audience, keeping your business top-of-mind for when your prospects are ready to engage and take the next step on their buyer journey. Even if it is just seeing your email in their inbox regularly and not opening every one.
- Allows you to market your content/product: You can share relevant content and useful assets, and promote your product with prospects who are actually interested in your brand.
- Helps you to nurture your leads: Help your customers take the next step in their buyer journey by delighting them with content that talks to their pain points.
- It has higher personalisation capabilities: You can use demographic and psychographic data to help establish personalised and targeted campaigns, ensuring you are saying the right thing to the right people.
- It is measurable: Using the analytic reports from your email campaigns you are able to gauge what is and isn’t working, helping you to further optimise your campaigns in the future.
Ok so you’re ready to give email marketing a go, but not sure which platform to use?
Whether you’re a beginner with email marketing or you’ve got a few campaigns under your belt, Active Campaign has all the tools and support you need to create your next successful campaign. With a wide array of features including simple customisation, app integrations, conditional content, link actions and analytics, Active Campaign has you covered from start to finish to help optimize your emails for your target audience.
Get creative today and let your email marketing campaigns boost your buyer’s journey!
Keen to learn some more marketing tips and insights for your business? Sign up here.